Review Detail

Toy Story Mania!
Nintendo Wii
Written by Greg Schardein     October 12, 2009    
Toy Story Mania! is yet another mini game compilation on the Wii and though the midway style of games are enjoyable at times, the game is far too easy. Couple that with the fact that more than half of the 33 different mini games are shooters and the $49.99 MSRP seems way too steep. It's unfortunate that a game based on a movie that holds up for all audiences could be limited to such a small range of gamers (kids 10 and under by my assessment) and at such a high price, it's hard to recommend buying it new (either wait for a price drop or buy it used).
Overall rating 

Gameplay 

Presentation 

Value  

Fun Factor 

Tilt 

Greg Schardein Reviewed by Greg Schardein October 12, 2009
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (103)

Toy Story Mania!

Toy Story Mania! is yet another mini game compilation on the Wii and though the midway style of games are enjoyable at times, the game is far too easy. Couple that with the fact that more than half of the 33 different mini games are shooters and the $49.99 MSRP seems way too steep. It's unfortunate that a game based on a movie that holds up for all audiences could be limited to such a small range of gamers (kids 10 and under by my assessment) and at such a high price, it's hard to recommend buying it new (either wait for a price drop or buy it used).

Videogames

Gameplay
Toy Story Mania! features 33 different mini games, all of which are solid games. However, more than half are shooters and all of them are far too easy (with no difficulty selection). Controls are solid for the most part though frantic shaking of the Wii Remote was so 2 years ago (and we didn't like it then).
Presentation
I must say, despite the Wii's graphical inequities compared to the other two current-gen systems, Toy Story Mania! still looks very much like the actual movies. However, if you're going to boast 3D, I would much rather have the current generation of 3D glasses (as I've witnessed their quality first hand) rather than the Red/Blue division glasses of the 80s. Music doesn't really ever resemble anything from the movies but it's spunky nonetheless featuring a solid soundtrack of songs appropriately themed according to the type of mini-game.
Value
When I looked up the MSRP for this game, I must admit I was shocked. $50 is the highest price for any game on the Wii and assigning this to a mini-game compilation is robbery in my opinion. I was expecting the game to be around $29.99 personally.
Fun Factor
Though every game was a little too easy, it didn't prevent me from enjoying the game. It's hard to make a mini-game that's not fun and these hold up to some of the others seen on the Wii.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.

S5 Box

Login Form

Other Stuff