Review Detail

Funky Barn
Nintendo Wii U
Written by Steven McGehee     November 30, 2012    
Funky Barn is addictive, and might keep you playing for a several hours, but it's not satisfying or memorable. That's a characteristic I often associate with mobile and handheld games, the latter of which this game is derived from.
Overall rating 

Gameplay 

Presentation 

Value  

Fun Factor 

Tilt 

Steven McGehee Reviewed by Steven McGehee November 30, 2012
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (938)

Funky Barn

Funky Barn is addictive, and might keep you playing for a several hours, but it's not satisfying or memorable. That's a characteristic I often associate with mobile and handheld games, the latter of which this game is derived from.

Videogames

Gameplay
Simple, addictive, farm management game where you have lots to do and only so much money to do it with. It progresses along pretty nicely, but overall there isn't enough modes and length to the game to make it compare in anyway to classics like Dawn of Discovery.
Presentation
Barebones, probably the weakest presentation of the Wii U launch, but it gets the point across. The farm animal sounds get to be pretty grating as their near constant as you approach level 7, but some of the animations are neat.
Value
For $50, it's over-priced. You're likely to get several hours of play out of it, quite possibly eight or ten, because it is addictive. But, it's not all that satisfying of an experience. Keep an eye on it at lower prices, though.
Fun Factor
It's easy to get into and it urges you to keep playing. It would have been better had it been more complex and a longer game, as it is currently it's very playable, but not necessarily memorable or rewarding. It's almost like playing an addictive game for your mobile in that regard.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account?
Please enter the security code.

S5 Box

Login Form

Other Stuff