GoNintendo bags some of the first details about Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars' multiplayer, thanks to a reader attending Comic Con.
One aspect of the upcoming Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars we haven't heard much about is the multiplayer. Now, thanks to a GoNintendo reader, however, we've got a few major points of basic information. The reader snapped a photo of a promo flyer on the show floor which describes several aspects of the experience. Click here to see the flyer.
Here's what it reads (quoting):
- All new replay feature allows you to replay all of your favorite missions
- Nintendo Wi-Fi mode means head-to-head and co-op multiplayer mayhem
- Stat tracking and leaderboards that track your criminal career
- Epic storyline with tons of side-missions, addictive mini-games and hidden collectibles
Woah—co-op? Color us interested. Leave it to Rockstar to show us just what the DS can do.
UPDATE: Well, wouldn't you know it, it seems like this information is somehow wrong... or, at least, partially. Joystiq has come to bat with their version of a similar story, but the details are different:
- Wi-Fi support does not include multiplayer
- Instead, it features leaderboards, item and favorite location sharing, and instant messaging.
- Rockstar's "Social Club" is a place to share statistics and take part in contests, events and promotions.