Grab yer Justin Boots, Carhartt work wear, and yer favorite camouflage John Deere hat (you know the one with the fish hook on the bill) and drag yer mullet wearin' butt on over. We gonna sang some Country Karaoke ya'll!
I should probably apologize for the stereotype I just made in my intro there... probably, but I won't. If you enjoy country music, you might be familiar with the Tim McGraw lyric “Cause they put pop in my country I want more for my money.” Country music seems to be just as much about celebrating the redneck lifestyle and image as it is about celebrating the sounds of the holler (If you don't believe me, ask Gretchen Wilson, or better yet sing along to the song “Redneck Woman” on this very disc!).
SingStar Karaoke is back with another release, this time targeting probably one of the largest karaoke singing groups this side of the Mason-Dixon line. Of course we're talking about country music here! You really can't go to any Karaoke bar without getting your fill of Johnny Cash or Big & Rich. From the hole in the wall bar around the corner to the world famous “Wannabe's” karaoke bar in downtown Nashville you just can't escape this genre, so it's only natural that Sony put out a disc with some of their country catalog.
This disc includes the following titles:
- Alan Jackson - Chattahoochee
- Alan Jackson – Good Time
- Big & Rich – Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)
- Blake Shelton – Home
- Brooks & Dunn – Boot Scootin' Boogie
- Brooks & Dunn w/ Reba McEntire – If You See Him/If You See Her
- Bucky Covington – It's Good To Be Us
- Faith Hill – Red Umbrella
- Gretchen Wilson – Redneck Woman
- Jessica Simpson – Come on Over
- Jewel – Stronger Woman
- Johnny Cash – A Boy Named Sue
- Johnny Cash – I Walk The Line
- Josh Turner – Another Try
- Keith Urban – Days Go By
- Kellie Pickler – Red High Heels
- Kenny Chesney – Big Star
- Lady Antebellum – Love Don't Live Here
- Martina McBride – A Broken Wing
- Miranda Lambert – Kerosene
- Montgomery Gentry – My Town
- Montgomery Gentry – What Do Ya Think About That?
- Rascal Flatts – Bless The Broken Road
- Sara Evans – Born to Fly
- Taylor Swift – Our Song
- Terri Clark – Girls Lie Too
- Trace Adkins – Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
- Willie Nelson – Pancho and Lefty
As far as the song selection, I have to say that I do appreciate some of what is on here. While at first glance, I wanted to give shenanigans for having several artists listed twice (Alan Jackson, Brooks & Dunn, Johnny Cash, Trace Adkins, Montgomery Gentry), I realized that this is a pretty fair representation of the types of songs I hear people singing at Karaoke Bars. I challenge you to spend a night singing Karaoke without hearing “Redneck Woman”, “Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)” or “A Boy Named Sue” at least once... you won't be able to do it. Trust me, I am a karaoke regular, you really can't escape some of these tunes.
While I am really not a fan of the country music genre at all, I have to be subjective and say that this is a good collection for people who enjoy country music! You'll see a diverse collection from the classics like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson to some of the pop country favorites like Big & Rich and Faith Hill.